Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Goose

* Cycle Update- Day 6 Will begin taking Robitussin tonight.

Saturday we took Elijah to a little park near our house with the intentions of feeding some ducks that hang out there regularly. I remember doing this as a kid, and it was so much fun. There is a park in Reno that has a fairly good size pond and I remember there were always millions of duck hanging out. After feeding the ducks we got to play at the playground, which that combined with ducks always makes for a pretty awesome Saturday. I thought it would be nice to start the same tradition with my family. So we head to this little pond, bread in tow. There are like five ducks and three geese. The pond level is so low that we could barely get down to the water because of a normally submerged bank creating a cliff. And apparently these quackers were hungry. Before we get within 30 feet of where they are standing they start honking and screeching and waddling our way. Now, I should clarify that they ducks were very well behaved. The geese were the culprits in our little adventure. We start throwing our hunks of bread, while Elijah happily yells quack quack over and over. But this one stupid geese keeps getting closer and closer. I move back. He comes closer. I move back.
You can see where this is going.
The stupid thing charges Elijah. Wings spread, beak wide, this damn thing attacks. I lunge in and snatch Elijah up, managing to scratch him in the process. Then the stupid thing goes after me. He won. I still have a nasty, beak shaped bruise. All the while Don-e is laughing. My only consolation was that mere minutes later the same one went after Don-e and he ran like a little girl, swinging the bag of bread.
I at least kicked the damn thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, that is a great story !!!!!
I guess you don't remember the time
when you were little (probably about 5 or so) out at Grandma & Poppa's and a big goose chased you around the yard there......
I didn't kick him, but he should still have a bruise in the back of his head from where I whopped him with a broom. Dang wildlife.

NV Mom