Monday, December 8, 2008

Oh.... Christmas Tree

We decorated our Christmas tree this past weekend, and in attempt to make this blog a bit more festive I thought I would show you a picture. We ended up buying a new tree this year, one that is a better size for our living room. Or more specifically one that is better suited to the ceilings in our living room. For those of you that have not yet been to our home, the ceiling in there slants to some ridiculous height of 400 feet or so. Last year we only had a 6 1/2 ft tree, that we put up on a table but that was more for the crawling little thing we had in our house.
Take a look at this one and let me know what you think. It is a 'themed' tree. Or, I guess more accurately a color-coordinated tree. Everything is either blue or silver or white. What do you think of these themed trees? Don-e grew up with themed trees, whereas I did not. Everything was free game for our trees. But most especially honored were all of the ornaments that we, as kids, made. There is were my concern comes in. What to do with everything that our kid(s) make? Any ideas? I love our tree, but I also love the look of good ol' fashion hodgepodge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, Sweetie, the tree from what I can make out (bad eyes - little picture) looks beautiful. The themed trees are always wonderfully done, as is the hodge-podge ones. Maybe the answer is two trees???? Later on as you collect stuff and the kids make things. Remember, when you were little, you had a second little tree besides the big one in the living room? Just food for thought. I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE THIS ONE LIVE IN PERSON !!!!
Love you all,
nvmom