Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Amoxacillan

Elijah is on his first round of antibiotics, ever. Poor baby. He has a form of laryngitis and a sinus infection. The good news is he slept through the night last night, which was the first time in more than a week. I am hoping that a good nights sleep will go a long way to making him better faster. The form of laryngitis that he has is manifesting as a terrible cough but the doctor also gave us a really good cough medicine. I think that is what made the good sleep happen last night. For the past few nights he has been coughing so bad in his sleep that he will wake up throwing up. Pretty gross, and not a pleasant way to wake up, I'm sure. I just have to admit that I am very VERY glad he slept through the night, because I got to sleep through the night. I was turning into a zombie, only without the whole 'eating people' thing. Not to mention the heartburn I have had because of all the coffee!!!

On another note, I think I will be writing out the events of Don-e's heart thing, as the two of you that read this suggested. I don't keep a personal journal, at least not very well. That is what the point of this site is. A way to document our day to day lives. I also was to write the story of Elijah's birth. I started it shortly after he was born, but reliving it always kinda overwhelmed me. I am hoping that enough time has passed that I can get through writing it now!!

Oh, and also... Elijah said 'I love you' for the first time this weekend. And that sound, the one you are hearing right now... that is the sound of my heart bursting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor babies, both of you. Having a sick baby is about the worst thing you can go through, even more so than an adult.
I hope that you are both feeling better and on the road to recovery.

Isn't it the neatest thing to hear those three little words from him for the first time? And you thought that you were already in love, but it wasn't until now that you could realize just how deep and far that love can be.....
Congratulations on the wonderful family that you have become.
love,
NV Mom